Primary Musical Theatre
The College provides many opportunities for students to develop their Performing Arts abilities. The Primary Musical Theatre Group provides sessions for primary students of all abilities from Year 5 to Year 6. The primary sessions will commence on Tuesday 24 September 2019. Please see below for details.
Primary Musical Theatre Group Details
Day: Every Tuesday
Times: 4.00pm – 5.00pm
Venue: Performance Hall
Age Group: Year 5 and 6
Cost: £3 per session (please see costing section)
Mrs Jenny Hardy will lead the Primary Musical Theatre Group. We aim for all students to have the opportunity to develop their singing, dancing and acting skills and work towards performances in a variety of shows. Please find below the expectations for the Primary Musical Theatre Group.
- Must complete a Consent Form and pay the required fees
- Must make every effort to attend every Tuesday
- Perform in shows
- Have the opportunity to purchase clothing for PMTG
- Perform in the College Production, Beauty and the Beast (December 11 – 14 2019)
Tuesday Dates and Fees for all Performers
Options for payment
Pay per half term
Please see below some key points about paying per half term:
- The payment can be made in advance of the half term
- The payment must be made in full for each half term
- Late payments will not be accepted
- Children will not be allowed to train/rehearse if fees have not been paid for in advance
- Payments are non-refundable if children drop out of the group during the half term.
Pay for the year
Parents can pay for the whole year if children are fully committed and dedicated to their group.
All payments can be made in cash or cheques (made payable to Ivybridge Community College). There will be 25 places available in the group. There will be a waiting list for the group if numbers become too large.
What to wear and bring
Children may wear practical clothing for the sessions
- Leggings/jogging bottoms/tracksuit bottom (No jeans or skirts)
- Tee shirts/Long sleeved tops/hoodies
- Socks and trainers (No school shoes or boots)
- Drinks bottle
Please complete a consent form and pay the training fees in advance of the start date. Please put for attention of Mrs Helen Reddy, Primary Musical Theatre Group on the envelope.
Venue and dropping off
Parents are to drop of children at the Performance Hall where Mrs Hardy will meet and greet you. Registers will be taken at the start of every session. Parents are not allowed to stay and watch the session unless a specific event has been planned. Parents are to wait outside the Performance Hall on collection at 5pm.
Academy Contact and Communication
If you would like to have further information or have any questions or concerns please contact Mrs Reddy:
Mrs Helen Reddy
Tel: 07825 181693 (Text is preferred)
Address: Performing Arts Department, Mrs Helen Reddy, Ivybridge Community College, Harford Road, Ivybridge, PL21 0JA
New starters – New starters may have one trial session at a cost of £3. Payment is then required in full for the rest of the half term.
Please return the below slip with the consent form and payment to ensure your child’s name is on the register. Please send cheque and the slip below to Head of Performing Arts, Helen Reddy, Ivybridge Community College, Harford Road, Ivybridge, PL21 0JA. Please complete the form to book a place.