Primary Music Centre
Ivybridge Music Centre in partnership with Devon Music Education Hub
UPDATE: We have an exciting number of online learning opportunities for primary students in Years 5 and 6 this autumn term including FREE online group tuition sessions, for those wishing to learn an instrument from scratch.
Ivybridge Music Centre offers musical opportunities for students attending our feeder primary schools and young musicians in the community.
Please see the attached letter and flyer or email email@example.com for further information on the programme that we have on offer for the Autumn Term from September 2020.
- Learn an instrument – group tuition. For complete beginners. You can learn a string, brass or woodwind instrument for FREE this autumn term, with one of our specialist teachers. Please note that you will need an instrument to learn on. For further details on instrument hire please see the booklet, or visit http://www.dmeh.org/?q=content/instrument-hire-individuals. In some cases we may be able to provide an instrument hire free of charge.
- Ivybridge Junior Orchestra on Wednesdays – 3.45-4.30pm for Primary Students, 4.30-5.15pm for Secondary Students – a fantastic FREE opportunity to take part in ensemble workshops and learn exciting orchestral pieces. With professional instrumental teachers leading the rehearsals, you will learn from the best and be invited to take part in performance projects both online and at concerts later on in the year. This is suitable for Years 5, 6 and 7 students who play a string, brass or woodwind instrument from beginner (having lessons) to Grade 4 standard.
- Senior College ensembles – For primary students already playing an instrument at Grade 4 standard or above. We are now offering your child the opportunity to rehearse and perform with one of our College ensembles. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
- To access our online provision this term, you will need to download and install Microsoft Teams: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/microsoft-365/microsoft-teams/download-app
We believe that music making should be accessible for all and would like to open our doors to more young people within our community. We are very lucky to be supported by a fantastic team of music teachers and peripatetic staff who are as passionate about music as we are. We aim to bring affordable and high quality music making opportunities to our young people through a range of activities available thanks to funding from Devon Music Education Hub.
The benefits of playing a musical instrument are well documented. From improving physical and mental health, to increased brain stimulation and academic achievement; take a look at this article for more reasons to learn an instrument:
Why should my child learn an instrument at Ivybridge Community College?
- We have a fantastic team of tutors covering almost every instrument and style.
- Learning an orchestral instrument is now more affordable than ever, with our ‘group tuition’ sessions FREE this autumn term. We hope to offer face to face lessons again in the Spring term and these are usually charged at £3.00 per person.
- All our tutors are DBS checked and trained in safeguarding.