Primary Music Hub
Ivybridge Music Hub in partnership with Devon Music Education Hub,
We are delighted to announce the launch of our new music hub, for students attending our feeder primary schools and young musicians in the community.
Please see the attached booklet for further information on the programme that we have on offer for the academic year 2019-2020.
- Ivybridge Junior Orchestra – a fantastic FREE opportunity to play as a part of an orchestra. With professional instrumental teachers leading the rehearsals, you will learn from the best and be invited to perform at concerts throughout the year. This is suitable for KS2 and 3 students who play a string, brass or woodwind instrument from beginner (having lessons) to grade 3 standard. (free)
- Learn an instrument – individual tuition. For any ability (including complete beginners). Individual instrumental/vocal lessons after school on weekdays with our highly qualified instrumental staff (usually £10-£12 per lesson, bursaries may be available)
- Learn an instrument – group tuition. For complete beginners. You can learn a string, brass or woodwind instrument with one of our specialist teachers. Please note that you will need an instrument to learn on. For further details on instrument hire please see the booklet, or visit http://www.dmeh.org/?q=content/instrument-hire-individuals. In some cases we may be able to provide an instrument hire free of charge. (£3 per session).
- Senior College ensembles – For primary students already playing an instrument at grade 4 standard or above. We are now offering your child the opportunity to rehearse and perform with one of our College ensembles. (free – funded by the College)
We believe that music making should be accessible for all and would like to open our doors to more young people within our community. We are very lucky to be supported by a fantastic team of music teachers and peripatetic staff who are as passionate about music as we are. We aim to bring affordable and high quality music making opportunities to our young people through a range of activities available. Please get in touch if you require further financial support: firstname.lastname@example.org
The benefits of playing a musical instrument are well documented. From improving physical and mental health, to increased brain stimulation and academic achievement; take a look at this article for more reasons to learn an instrument. https://www.classicfm.com/discover-music/reasons-to-play-a-musical-instrument/
Why should my child learn an instrument at Ivybridge Community College?
- We have a fantastic team of tutors covering almost every instrument and style!
- A little goes a long way: an individual lesson for 20 to 30 minutes a week provides you with one-to-one support, technical guidance and tuition tailor made for you! You can decide if you want to learn popular or classical styles and if you want to play ‘just for fun’ or take graded music exams.
- Learning an orchestral instrument is now more affordable than ever, with our new ‘group tuition’ sessions at only £3 a session.
- All our tutors are DBS checked and trained in safeguarding.