Enrichment is at the very heart of Ivybridge Community College, woven into all parts of College life and helping to provide a truly rounded educational experience for all students. That is why we are committed to ensuring that the College’s Enrichment Programme has and will continue to thrive throughout this academic year.
Developing students’ interests and passions
While a large proportion of Ivybridge Community College students’ time is spent on ensuring their academic success, we also believe in helping students develop their characters; find out more about their interests and passions; and invest in their social, moral and cultural life skills. The enrichment activities provide opportunities for students to learn new skills, make new friendships and develop their confidence, teamwork and communication skills.
When do enrichment activities take place?
Previously referred to as extracurricular, activities vary in start and finish times depending on the member of staff leading the enrichment activity. Enrichment can take place:
- Before College (varying start times, mostly start from 8.00am)
- Break times and Lunch times – please see the section on leisure time
- After College
Department for Education (DfE) guidance
Ivybridge Community College follows the Department for Education (DfE) and Ofsted’s guidance to encourage and emphasise the importance of personal development and extending the curriculum beyond academic achievement. This requires schools to:
- Help children develop their interests and talents
- Enable children to develop their character, including resilience, confidence and independence
- Teach children how to keep physically and mentally healthy
- Prepare children for future success
- Equip children to be responsible, respectful and active citizens
Enrichment at Ivybridge Community College is divided into two areas -
Enrichment Programme: To find out more about our Enrichment Programme click here or follow the link on the right.
Enrichment Week: To learn about Enrichment Week click here or follow the link on the right.
Director of Enrichment: Mrs Helen Reddy