Useful Links and Information
Parent Talk – Support for parents.
Parent Talk is a free and confidential live chat with a parenting coach hosted by Action for Children. They run Monday-Friday (including school holidays) and are available in the evenings on Monday and Thursday.
They can support parents with topics including,
- Mental Health & Wellbeing
- Nutrition and Healthy eating
- Parenting & relationships
- Additional needs & disabilities
Please click here to access this support
Government guidance for parents - online harms
New DfE guidance published on keeping children safe from abuse and harm. This guidance brings together sources of information about the main risks children may be vulnerable to during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and signposts you to help and support available.
- Teen Mental Health – A Guide for Parents with useful tips and advice to help their teens overcome body image issues, academic anxiety, peer pressure, and cyberbullying, including links to other important teen mental health resources.
- Childline (remove a nude image shared online)
- GoCompare guide to broadband parental controls and internet safety for children.
- https://www.dcfp.org.uk/health-and-wellbeing/young-carers/ (Young Carers)
- https://youngminds.org.uk/ (Young Minds and Social media and mental health)
- https://www.youngdevon.org/ (supporting young people)
- www.kooth.com (online support for young people)
- www.thinkuknow.co.uk (online safety advice)
- www.talktofrank.com (honest information about drugs)
- www.childline.org.uk (Information, advice and the ZIPIT app )
- https://www.intercomtrust.org.uk/ (LGBT support)
- www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/ (Helping keep children safe)
- www.childnet.com/parents-and-carers (Internet safety)
- https://educateagainsthate.com/parents/ (Preventing radicalisation and extremism)
- https://parentinfo.org/ (DfE Safeguarding advice)
- www.happymaps.co.uk/ (Children's mental health information)