COLLEGE UNIFORM/DRESS CODE
Ivybridge Community College takes pride in the professional appearance and dress of our students. It is a College requirement that all our students wear the full College uniform correctly at all times. Parent/carer and student co-operation is essential if we are to maintain this high standard.
Students arriving at College inappropriately dressed or not meeting the expected College standards and expectations will be dealt with in accordance with College policy. Students are expected to meet the Code of Dress at all times and take pride in the wearing of the College uniform both to and from College and throughout the College day.
Any adjustment to the Code of Dress is at the discretion of the Senior Leadership Team where upon parents/carers and students will be informed accordingly. Take pride in being part of The Ivybridge Way.
- Navy blue College blazer with College badge
- Lanyards and identification cards to be worn at all times (except in subject specific areas e.g. PE)
- Standard tartan patterned College skirt, worn at knee length
- College tie (worn with a minimum of 5 stripes showing)
- Navy blue knitted jumper with embroidered College badge (optional)
- Grey, formal trousers, e.g. polyester mix; NOT cord, brushed denim, jeans, chinos (black is not permitted)
- White shirt/blouse which buttons up to the neck
- Black coloured tights or plain black, grey or white socks (trainer socks or socks over the knee are not permitted)
- Sensible, black, formal, flat shoes (leather or patent shoes that can be polished only and not leather trainers e.g. Converse/Vans – no boots, canvas shoes, trainers)
Branded items with logos should not be worn; this includes clothing (e.g. hoodies), footwear or accessories (such as belts).
PE Kit for ALL Students
- Navy blue sports top with embroidered College badge
- Navy blue shorts, skirt, plain leggings or plain blue tracksuit trousers
- Navy blue Ivybridge sports socks and white sports socks
- Rounded moulded studs (no trainers, no blades, no metal studs) for accessing the all-weather pitch
- Shin pads are compulsory for Football
- Gum shields are compulsory for Rugby
- College multi sports top, College fleece, College track top
- Dance kit is specific attire for GCSE Dance only
Protective Clothing for ALL Students
• Design Technology: white or natural apron
• Food and Nutrition: clean, hygienic apron
• Art: some protective clothing advisable
Jewellery is not permitted, except for one small stud earring in each ear and a watch. No other piercings are permitted. No other jewellery is permitted in the interest of safety for all students.
All jewellery/piercings must be removed for all Physical Education activities for Health and Safety reasons (including new piercings). Wearing tape over piercings is not permitted.
Years 9 to 11 only students are permitted to wear subtle and natural looking make-up.
Skin make-up will not be considered as subtle if it leaves a mark on clothing such as the shirt sleeve or collar. Nail varnish, false nails including acrylics and false eyelashes are not permitted.
Hairstyles must be well groomed, neat and of a natural colour. Extreme forms of hairstyles are not permitted, and extreme fashions must be avoided i.e. tramlines or mullets. Permitted smart haircuts include short back and sides with a fade (minimum grade 2 on the top). Use of hair dye to achieve an unnatural two toned or bleached look is not permitted i.e. balayage, dip dye or extreme colours.
Students are not permitted to wear outdoor coats and accessories including hats and/or scarves indoors.
Outdoor coats should be predominantly one colour. They should be plain in style and not made from denim or leather. Coats may be worn as an additional item of clothing to and from College but not instead of the College blazer. Hoodies are not permitted as outdoor coats or as additional layers under their blazer.
THIS IS THE COLLEGE UNIFORM/DRESS CODE
Variations will not be acceptable and no extremes of fashion, hair or dress are allowed.
Please note that all items of College uniform, including PE kit, are available from
Lawsons of Ivybridge and Trutex Schoolwear and More, Sugar Mill Retail Park, Plymouth.