Ivybridge Community College takes bullying seriously, and we have a dedicated team to investigate incidents and support students where bullying has been reported.
The Anti-bullying Ambassador team are proud to announce that they have been awarded the Diana Award Well-being Badge. Students and staff have been working on various projects to ensure that everyone at Ivybridge Community College is working together to promote anti-bullying.
Please see the following news links below -
- Raising Awareness of Anti-Bullying Week
- School Diversity Week
- Positive Images Promoting Kindness
- Students inspired by Diana Award LGBTQ+ Inclusion Session
- College Continues to Raise Awareness of Mental Health
- Educating on Diversity Throughout History
- A Focus on Optimum Mental Health
- College achieves Anti-Bullying Award
- Staff show support for Anti-Bullying Day
- Students attend the Anti-Bullying Ambassador Course
- Ivybridge Community College celebrates Diversity
How we can help
We will investigate any reports of bullying, quickly and sensitively. If you would like to make a report, please email us through the Anti-Bullying email address -
Did you know; there is now a QR code to report bullying in every tutor base? Before tutor starts you can scan the code and the report will go straight to the Academic Performance Leader to investigate, reporting bullying has never been so easy, so please don’t be a bystander!
Miss Hanton, Associate Leader and Mrs Long, Equality Lead help support LGBT children and young people, to celebrate diversity and tackle homophobic, biphobic and transphobic bullying.
Don’t forget there are also designated Anti-Bullying Ambassadors (you will notice they are wearing Anti-Bullying blue shield pins) if you wish to talk to someone your own age!
Where a report results in a proven case of bullying, College sanctions will apply. However, we can in turn help the bully stop re-offending with some support and guidance. For additional support, where necessary, we can even offer anger management support to help with students that struggle with dealing with confrontational situations.
We offer mediation between students where appropriate and will always offer additional pastoral support if required.
The Ivybridge Community College Anti-Bullying Team is here to listen, protect and act.
We want to promote a kind and respectful community for age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, gender or sexual orientation, work with us to develop a kinder environment.
Here are some useful links if you would like further support;
- Childline: https://www.childline.org.uk/
- National Bullying Helpline: https://www.nationalbullyinghelpline.co.uk
- End Bullying Now: http://www.endbullying.org.uk/what-is-bullying/prejudice-based-bullying/racial-bullying/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqNqVrOz87AIVUe3tCh1SBwkwEAAYASAAEgIEdfD_BwE
- The Diana Award: https://diana-award.org.uk
- Anti-Bullying Alliance: https://www.anti-bullyingalliance.org.uk/tools-information/all-about-bullying/groups-more-likely-experience-bullying/sen-disability
- Just Like Us: https://www.justlikeus.org/