Freelance Teacher of Drums
Ivybridge Community College requires an outstanding teacher of Drums to join our large team of peripatetic Music Tutors to start in the Summer Term 2022.
The successful candidate should demonstrate excellent performance and teaching skills, in order to inspire our students and support the growth of our provision for drums and percussion.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaching drums to individuals from Year 5 up to and including Year 13
- Teaching musical literacy appropriate to the student and instrument
- Preparing students for graded music examinations where appropriate liaising with parents/carers about examination entries
- Supporting students in preparing for GCSE and A Level performances where appropriate
- Tracking student progress weekly and providing feedback to parents/carers and the College as required
- Communicating with the Music Department, students and parents/carers to ensure attendance and progress is carefully monitored
- Adhering to professional dress code and code of conduct as per College policy
- Contributing to the extensive extracurricular music programme where appropriate
The College is committed to the safeguarding and wellbeing of students and expects all staff and contractors to share in this responsibility. You will be required to work under child protection screening, including enhanced DBS clearance and full reference checks with previous employers. Level 2 Safeguarding and Prevent training will be undertaken by all teachers annually.
For more information about the role please contact Simon Whitehorn on 01752 691000 extension 1427 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Applications to be sent by email to email@example.com by Friday, 28 January 2022.