'Let's Talk Teenagers'
‘Let's Talk Teenagers’ is a series of online support sessions that are an opportunity for parents and carers of teenagers to hear about the challenges young people are facing today. These evening sessions will be running on consecutive weeks throughout June, and will discuss the tools parents and carers can use to support their children and community.
The project has been funded by the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner, the Safer Devon Partnership, South Devon and Dartmoor Community Safety Partnership and Teignbridge Council for Voluntary Service.
“Having run these sessions in March, we were overwhelmed by the feedback from parents who felt more equipped to support their teens. We are pleased to be able to offer the sessions again to reach even more families and raise awareness of the risks young people face and provide tips on how to support them.” - Rebecca Hewitt, Chair of South Devon and Dartmoor CSP.
Session dates and topics:
Wednesday, 15 June
• Teenage development, including social and emotional changes
• Healthy and unhealthy relationships, including domestic abuse
• Body image
• Toxic masculinity
Wednesday, 22 June
• Community risks, including county lines and gang crime
• Unhealthy relationships, with a focus on child sexual exploitation and grooming
• Social media
• Safety planning
Wednesday, 29 June
• Family strengthening
• How to have challenging conversations
• Role modelling
• Emotional wellbeing and self-care
Booking a place:
Visit the Eventbrite page for more information to book your place. These events are free to attend.