Autumn 2021 Retakes
Ofqual has confirmed that autumn examinations will take place in 2021 for GCSE, AS and A Level, and Vocational, Technical and other qualifications alongside the usual November series exams.
This exams series is open to all students who do not feel that their grade for summer 2021 reflects their performance.
The autumn exams will take place between the following dates:
- AS, A Level and Level 3 Certificate: Monday, 4 October to Friday, 22 October
- GCSE and AQA Certificate: Monday, 15 November to Thursday, 2 December
- GCSE Mathematics and English: Monday, 1 November to Monday, 8 November
To apply for these exams click here
The deadlines to apply for these examinations are as follows:
- AS, A Level and Level 3 Certificate: 5pm Tuesday, 7 September 2021
- GCSE: 5pm Friday, 1 October 2021
Additional information on the Autumn Examination Series
- Examination boards will base results on students’ performance in exams alone and not on any non-exam assessment, with the exception of Art and Design qualifications.
- For Art and Design qualifications assessed in the autumn, grades will be based on students’ performance in a new task set, which will be taken under the normal supervised conditions and marked by examination boards.
- Students will be able to carry forward their A Level practical Science and GCSE English Language endorsements to the autumn series – for A Level Science students, this means that there will be no need to repeat the Practical Activity Groups (PAGs) for Science subjects if you sit the autumn examination series.