FREELANCE TEACHERS OF OBOE AND BASSOON
Ivybridge Community College requires outstanding teachers of Oboe and/or Bassoon to join our large team of peripatetic Music Tutors to start in the next academic year.
The successful candidate should demonstrate excellent performance and teaching skills, in order to inspire our students and support the growth of our provision for double reed woodwind.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Teaching woodwind to individuals from Year 5 up to and including Year 13
- Teaching Musical Literacy appropriate to the student and instrument
- Preparing students for graded Music Examinations where appropriate and liaising with the College to submit entries
- Supporting students in preparing for GCSE and A Level performances where appropriate
- Tracking student progress weekly and providing written reports on an annual basis
- Communicating with the Music Department, students and parents to ensure attendance and progress is carefully monitored
- Adhering to professional dress code and code of conduct as per college policy
- Contributing to the extensive extra-curricular Music programme where appropriate
The College is committed to the safeguarding and wellbeing of students and expects all staff and contractors to share in this responsibility. You will be required to work under child protection screening, including enhanced DBS clearance and full reference checks with previous employers. Level 2 Safeguarding and Prevent training will be undertaken by all teachers annually.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 1 July 2020
Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org