Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (ATTENDANCE)
This is an exciting opportunity to join Westcountry Schools Trust. We are a dynamic organisation with our students and staff at our heart.
Pay Grade: Dependent on Experience / Devon Legacy Pay Scales, (Grade F SCP 24-28)
Salary: £28,672 - £32,234 per annum (£25,072 - £28,186 pro-rata)
Full Time: 37 hours per week / 40 weeks per year
Built on an extensive track record of excellence, the Trust combines a range of secondary colleges, primary schools and business units based in a variety of sites across Devon and Cornwall. We are also a stone’s throw from some of the best beaches and countryside in the country.
Ivybridge is an exciting place to work, with lots of aspirational professionals – and other occupational benefits too which come as part of your employment through Westcountry Schools Trust:
- Generous contractual provisions around maternity, annual leave and sick pay.
- We offer a local government pension scheme, with high employer contributions through national provider Peninsula Pensions.
- We provide free eye tests and contributions towards VDU use glasses through a choice of national opticians.
- You have the opportunity to buy a bike through our cycle scheme. You pay nothing upfront and the payments are taken tax efficiently from your salary.
- From September 2021 we will offer a new Employee Assistance Programme to all of our employees.
- Free wellbeing services.
- Being part of a growing Trust means that we offer further opportunities for personal and professional development both on a school level and across the Trust.
- Staff Enrichment Programme, offering a variety of activities across the week (local to Ivybridge).
What does the role involve?
We are looking to appoint an exceptional individual into the position of Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead with the responsibility for Attendance. They will report directly to the Deputy Safeguarding Lead (DSL) and work as part of the College’s Safeguarding Team, to assist the DSL in their duty to ensure the College meets its safeguarding aims, maximising the efficient and effective use of its available resources.
The post-holder will also report indirectly to the Assistant Principal for Pastoral Care, to ensure the College complies with legal responsibilities and procedures for attendance and delivers timely and accurate reports, policy updates and other requirements for the College to meet its statutory and regulatory obligations including those pertaining to the DfE ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ guidance. They will hold specific responsibility for the tracking and monitoring of student attendance across the College, will lead on improving attendance and punctuality and ensure that attendance targets for the College are met.
For an informal discussion regarding this role, please contact Amy Pearce, Assistant Principal on 01752 691000.
The application form and full job description is available below.
Completed applications to be returned to HR@ivybridge.devon.sch.uk by the closing date.
Closing date for applications: 9.00am on Tuesday, 27 July 2021
Interviews will provisionally take place during the week commencing 2 August 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.