Train to Teach
SWTSA South West Teaching School Alliance (School Direct)
Ivybridge Community College is a lead school within the South West Teaching School Alliance (SWTSA).
SWTSA are a partnership of high performing schools sharing our skills, experience, talent and capacity to help improve learning and achievement in schools across the South West.
SWTSA has three main aims:
- To promote high quality Initial Teacher Training (ITT)
- To develop teaching and leadership skills more generally across our network of schools
- To intervene and support schools in need
SWTSA offers School Direct training placements in English, Maths, Physics, Chemistry, French and Spanish. Click the Schools Direct link for infomation on this.
To apply for our courses visit the 'How to apply' page.
In addition, Ivybridge Community College is delighted to now be working with The Learning Institute South West [TLISW] which has a new lead partnership with Ivybridge Multi-Academy Trust.
The SCITT is accredited to assess and award Qualified Teacher Status [QTS] at both primary and secondary phases and has experience built up over 12 years. TLISW also work with HEIs in order to be able to offer academic awards, alongside QTS.
TLISW offer opportunities for a variety of routes into teaching based on individual assessment of circumstances and this can include access to an undergraduate degree in Teaching and Learning should the degree requirement for teaching not be in place.
Your journey into teaching can start today by following the link below.
Devon Secondary Teacher Training Group Partner Schools
1. Coombeshead Academy, Newton Abbot
2. Heathfield, Taunton
3. Ivybridge Community College
4. King Edward VI Community College (KEVICC), Totnes
5. Kingsbridge Community College
6. Lipson Co-operative Academy
7. Okehampton College
8. Queen Elizabeth School, Crediton
9. St Peter’s School, Exeter
10. South Dartmoor Community College, Ashburton
11. Tavistock College
12. Teign School, Kingsteignton
13. Teignmouth Community School