Welcome to Ivybridge Gymnastics Academy, a friendly and dynamic acrobatic gymnastics club, based at Ivybridge Community College.
Ivybridge Gymnastics Academy trains both boys and girls, places an emphasis on catering for all levels of ability, and is currently the most successful school gymnastics team in the UK.
So whether you are interested in fun sessions, beginner-level, regional-level or competing at the British Schools Championships, Ivybridge Gymnastics Academy has something to suit every child’s needs.
The academy specialises in Artistic Gymnastics (floor & vault only), General Gymnastics and Acrobatic Gymnastics.
|Artistic gymnastics||Acrobatic Gymnastics|
|is the Olympic sport for men and women performed on apparatus and judged individually, by event, in the All-Around and by team. Men’s events are floor exercise, horizontal bar, parallel bars, pommel horse, still rings and vault. Women’s events are vault, uneven parallel bars balance beam and floor exercise. Ivybridge Academy trains and performs on equipment such as floor, vault and rebound.||is a competitive gymnastic discipline where partnerships of gymnasts work together in pairs and groups to perform routines. These routines are set to music and consist of acrobatic moves, individual gymnastic elements and choreography. Gymnasts perform balance and dynamic moves, which include partner balances, throws, somersaults and catches.|
is a non-competitive form of gymnastics featured in festivals and displays. It culminates in a world festival of gymnastics, the World Gymnaestrada, which is held every four years and attracts tens of thousands of participants from many countries.
Gymnastics is thrilling to watch, and while international-level gymnasts perform complex and exciting skills, beginner and developing gymnasts also get a great deal of benefit the sport too, learning valuable motor skills and how to work together in groups.
Ivybridge Gymnastics Academy believes in promoting self-esteem and creating self-confidence in children through the sport of gymnastics. The teachers at the College provide skilled and fun instruction to all children.
We encourage children to achieve their potential and we regard safety as our highest priority.
We believe that gymnastics can give your child an advantage in their sporting, academic and social development.
- To provide a safe and structured environment
- To teach and coach gymnastics at a level appropriate to the individual gymnast
- To ensure every gymnast reaches their potential
- To provide an enjoyable learning environment
- To provide competition opportunities at a level appropriate for all gymnasts
- To develop a child's confidence and self-esteem
- To enable others interested in the sport to learn basic coaching skills and attend courses to further their knowledge
- Develops co-ordination
- Develops flexibility
- Develops strength and power
- Increases self-esteem and confidence
- Develops skills to enhance other sports
- Fosters interaction with peers
- Provides the foundation for fitness and fundamentals of movement
- Teach young people to learn, listen, and follow instructions
- Improve fine motor skills
- Improve self discipline
- Promotes a healthy lifestyle