All entrants must have achieved a minimum of a grade C, or equivalent standard, in English and Mathematics.
Qualifications in key and functional skills at Level 2 may represent the same level of attainment as GCSE grade C and above in the national qualifications framework (NQF). However, they are not equivalent to GCSEs in terms of content, and applicants with key and functional skills certificates but without GCSEs at grade C or above in English and Mathematics are advised to take the equivalency tests below. For equivalency information visit: www.3atutors.co.uk
All entrants must hold a degree awarded by a United Kingdom higher education institution or equivalent qualification.
You must have a first (Bachelor’s) degree with Honours class 2.1 or above from a UK university, or an equivalent qualification.
The National Recognition Information Centre for the United Kingdom (UK NARIC) can provide advice on the equivalence of overseas qualifications. UK NARIC can be contacted at: UK NARIC, Oriel House, Oriel Road, Cheltenham, GL50 1XP. Tel: 0870 990 4088; fax: 0870 990 1560. www.naric.org.uk
- Appropriate A Level or equivalent qualifications;
- Confidence in using appropriate ICT skills;
- Minimum two weeks, or equivalent, school placement experience before commencing course, or other recent activities that demonstrate a particular interest in working with children;
- Ability to travel between different training locations within the county (access to own transport is desirable due to our rural location);
- A completed self-declaration health questionnaire – applicants may be required to undertake a medical examination arranged by an Occupational Health Consultant;
- Declaration of any criminal convictions through an enhanced clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 does not apply to the teaching profession.